0 ItemsSubtotal: $0.00 Go to Shop
Soonnoc Sensitive Cleansing Milk Perfect for Dry, Sensitive Skin 200ml
This gentle, soothing cleansing milk for sensitive or dry skin cleanses skin without over stripping. Like a comforting complexion conditioner, it does it all: helps soothe inflammation, fortifies skin’s own ability to retain moisture and washes away dry surface cells, impurities and make-up.
If you have dry, sensitive, irritated or damaged by sun skin crying out for quick relief and nourishment, Soonnoc Sensitive Cleansing Milk is the first up for the rescue!
- Gentle, soothing cleansing milk for sensitive or dry skin
- Mildly cleanses skin without over stripping
- Soft natural exfoliation
- Removes make-up and mascara
- Moisturises the skin
- Does Not Contain: Sulfates, Parabens, Synthetic Aromas/Dyes
How to Cleanse Sensitive skin
Sensitive skin types might as well have their own Bravo reality TV show:
- You wash – They get irritated.
- You tone – They get irritated.
- You serum – Well, you get the picture (they get irritated).
Anything can create a reaction, leading to an angry complexion. We’re talking harsh ingredients, clogged pores, keratinized skin, too much air pollution, etc…
Whether suffering from acne, rosacea, the ill-effects of menopause, medication or chemotherapy, or born with easily angered skin, many of us will go through phases of finding cleansing a prohibitively grim and uncomfortable task.
You may have loved the squeaky-clean feeling that comes from a satisfyingly foamy cleanser when you were younger, but they’re not always actually good for your complexion, especially if your skin falls on the sensitive side.
Foaming type cleansers typically have sodium lauryl sulfate and that ingredient’s cousins which are too harsh for sensitive skin types. While Milky cleansers are nice and gentle for sensitive skin.
Effect #1: You Can Get Rid of Blackheads
Blackheads occur when the follicles in your skin, or pores, become clogged with debris and built-up sebum, an oil produced naturally by your body. They’re called “blackheads” because they are open comedones, meaning the debris and oil clogging your pore is open to the air. This turns black when it oxidizes (is exposed to oxygen), but it isn’t dirt.
Even if you have sensitive skin, you can still work to treat your blackheads. You can also prevent them in the future by using a mild cleansing milk.
Soonnoc Sensitive Milk Cleanser contains sunflower seed oil that genlty pickups and removes the dirt from pores leaving them perfectly cleansed.
See the results of cleansing before and after using the Milk cleanser:
Do not squeeze the blackheads!
You may be tempted to squeeze your blackheads to make them go away. Don’t do it. Popping, picking, or squeezing blackheads, with your fingers or with an at-home tool, can drive debris further into your skin. It can also spread infection around and even cause scarring.
Effect #2: Gentle Exfoliation
Slough away dull skin with this skin nourishing cleanser. This milky exfoliating cleanser is an excellent way to stimulate your circulation + brush off dirt + dead skin cells to reveal brighter, younger-looking skin with a healthy glow. It will leave the skin soft, clean, and hydrated.
Effect #3: Makeup Removal
Soonnoc Sensitive Milk Cleanser is a natural cleanser that gently and effectively removes dirt and makeup without stripping the skin of natural moisture. Developed with gentle emulsifiers to protect the fragile eye area. It is also a great choice for cleansing the sensitive pre-maturely aged, mature, and dry skin. As the facial skin ages it becomes much thinner, and prone to dryness. The cleansing step can have a dramatic effect on this skin type.
Effect #4: Balance Your Skin pH level
This gentle Milk Cleanser helps your skin retain a normal 5.7 pH balance after cleansing, and contains an array of ingredients that reduce inflammation and fight acne without irritating the skin.
How Is Cleansing Milk Different from Other Cleansers?
Cleansing milks are named this way because of their consistency. They usually have a creamy white color, while their texture is that of a very liquidy and runny cream.
Cleansing milk is a type of facial cleanser made of a blend of emollients and water that can break down makeup, dirt, sweat and oils. Milk cleansers can either be wiped off with a cloth or face wipe like makeup removers, or they can be rinsed away with water.
Unlike soap, gel or foam facial cleansers, cleansing milks do not create a lather, nor do they foam up. The only reasons gel and powder cleansers lather up is because they rely on surfactants to break down makeup and dirt.
Surfactants are a type of molecule that changes the surface tension of oil and water, and allows them to mix. Unfortunately, the surfactants used in your average gel cleanser can also seriously dry out and dehydrate the skin.
Because milk cleansers do not rely on surfactants to break down the impurities from the skin, they make for a much more gentle cleanser than your average foam or gel cleanser. However, since their formulas contain a lot of water and some light emulsifiers, they also don’t tend to leave a residue or to feel as greasy on the skin as an oil cleanser.
If you haven’t tried a cleansing milk before, the texture might surprise you. These creamy cleansers don’t foam, and they feel more like a moisturizer than a cleanser, but this prevents them from stripping the skin of vital moisture.
Rescue sensitive, irritated & over-stimulated skin.
If you’ve been using harsh, oil stripping cleansers, it’s time to ditch them. You might think that coming out of the shower with a squeaky clean face is good and well, clean. But that’s not the case at all. You’re only further drying and damaging your skin!
For ladies with dry, sensitive skin, using cleansing milk as part of your cleansing routine is ideal. They do their job of removing makeup, oil and dirt and at the same time, while moisturising your skin well. Of course, cleansing milk is not as wildly popular compared to soaps and gels, making them more difficult to spot and find.
If you have dry and sensitive skin, cleansing milk is the way forward!
Creamy yet light, milk cleansers might be one of the best cleansing choices for those with sensitive or dry skin, although they can also work beautifully for oilier skin types. A cleansing milk sits somewhere between a gel cleanser and an oil or balm cleanser, by helping to remove makeup thoroughly without drying out or irritating the skin. The milky texture is uniquely luxurious, so if you’re a fan of skincare routines that feel like self-care, definitely take milk cleansers into consideration.
Pros & Cons of Using Milk Cleansers
So what are the benefits of milk cleansers and the possible cons?
- Unlike surfactant-based cleansers, cleansing milk doesn’t strip the skin of oil, so it leaves it feeling soft and healthy, rather than tight and dehydrated.
- Cleansing milk formulas are very rich in water, so cleansing milks can totally hydrate and moisturize the skin while cleansing it.
- Cleansing milk is versatile enough for every skin cleansing technique. You can remove it with a wipe or some cotton pads, or you can rinse it away with water, depending on your preference.
- If you are in a place where you don’t have access to running water, cleansing milks are the perfect choice, as they can be removed without any water.
- The creamy texture of cleansing milks is super luxurious and relaxing, and it can put you in a very happy and calm mindset.
- Milk cleansers often contain soothing ingredients that help to calm down redness and reduce irritation in sensitive and acne-prone skin.
- Some milk cleansers are not very thorough at removing makeup, especially when compared to oil or balm cleansers.
- If you like your skin feeling squeaky clean after you’ve cleansed (which you shouldn’t, but I don’t judge too harshly), then cleansing milk is not for you, since it will leave your skin soft and supple instead.
How to Use Soonnoc Cleansing Milk
More recommendations and tips:
Many people try to use cleansing milk like it was a traditional cleanser, and then get annoyed when it doesn’t fully remove their makeup or lather up.
However, if you use your cleansing milk properly, it should work wonderfully to get your skin clean and soft.
- Get ready for your cleansing routine by washing your hands thoroughly and pulling your hair back and away from your face, so cleanser and other skincare products don’t get into it.
- If you’re a fan of double cleansing, then do your first cleanse with an oil or balm cleanser, by massaging it into dry skin and wiping away with a microfiber cloth, muslin, or paper towel.
- You can use the Cleansing Milk as your first cleanser or makeup remover, and still go for a second cleansing with the Soonnoc Aqua Cleansing Bar.
- Milk cleansers do a better cleansing job if the skin is dry. Make sure your face is dry before cleansing.
- Dispense about a quarter-sized amount of milk cleanser into your hand or onto a cotton pad.
- If you are using a cotton pad, use upward motions to wipe the cotton pad over your skin, lifting away makeup and debris. If you are a fan of heavy makeup, you might want to use multiple cotton pads to remove everything.
- For removing makeup from around the eyes, gently hold the cotton pad against your eye area for a few seconds, and then wipe in a downward motion to remove all eye makeup.
- If you are using your hands, gently press the milk cleanser into your skin, and allow it to sit for a few moments in order to break down all the makeup and impurities.
- Next, begin massaging the cleansing milk into your skin using round, circular motions.
- Once you feel that all makeup and impurities have been dissolved and combined with the cleansing milk, you are best off to wipe it all away with a face wipe, cotton pad, muslin, or microfiber cloth.
- Some cleansing milks can also be rinsed away with just water, although it rarely works well, especially if you’re wearing heavy makeup.
- Finish off with the rest of your skincare routine, including toner, essences, actives, serums, and moisturizers. If you’re cleansing your skin in daytime, make sure to apply sunscreen.
Consumer and Safety data
- Skin type: suitable for all types; best for dry, sensitive skin.
- Key Ingredients: Milk protein extract, Sunflower seed oil, True heart extract.
- Free from 6 harmful ingredients (Paraben, Gluten, Formaldehyde, Fragrance, Sulfate, Artificial Color).
- For external use only. Do not use on damaged skin.
- Not for use by children under 3 years.
- In case of eye contact, rinse with water.
- Discontinue use if irritation occurs.
- Not tested on animals.
- Storage: 15-27 C, avoid direct sunlight.
- pH: 5.7
- Expiry Date: 2020.04.26
- Shelf life: 3 years, 12 months after opening
- Volume: 200ml / 6.67 fl oz
Purified water, Sunflower seed oil, Glycerine, Panthenol, Cetearyl Alcohol, 1-2 Hexanediol, Glyceryl Stearate, Pentylene Glycol, Diheptyl Succinate, Capryloyl Glycerin/Sebacic Acid Copolymer, Sodium Hyaluronate, Allantoin, Centella Asiatica Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Powder, Milk Protein Extract, Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract, Arachidyl Alcohol, Behenyl Alcohol, Arachidyl Glucoside, Coco-glucoside, Tocopheroi; Vitamin E, Xanthan Gum, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Citric Acid.
Acne, Hydrating, Irritation/Sensitive skin, Pore control